Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Excuse me life... Can you hold on a sec?

My life is one giant transition stage. Point A to point B then skip to point Q (who wants to end up at point Q? No one that's who). It doesn't seem like I stick around in one area for too long. Whether it be school, a job, or lately even a church.

Change #1
Last Sunday my mom, father and I joined a new church. The church is a good size, a little over a 1,000 in membership. Now did I so much join this church because I deeply fell in love with it? No. I mean the service was alright. They sang Christmas carols for worship. The sermon had no faults in my mind besides it seemed to peak several times (but that's of my own personal opinion). The college group was even extremely nice (almost to a scary point). But I joined the church to escape. When a criminal escapes from prison do you think he is ultimately concerned about his final destination? Or maybe he is just happy being anywhere except his prison. This church is my stepping stone to my next church, wherever that might be.

Change #2
Today on this Wednesday December 13, 2006 I finish my fall semester. I recently found out that I won't be able to attended school this spring unless God acts fast (which he totally has the power to). I'm about 1,500 dollars or my limit of money my school will let me have outstanding so they will not let me reregister for class till I get that paid off. So for the time being God looks like he's going to keep me from doing that for awhile. I'll be completely honest, this frustrates me a lot. I'm tired of this phase in my life. I want to move forward and make a life for myself outside my parents household and with the girl of my dreams.

Maybe this is how God makes me more grateful for the constant things in my life (a family, job, friends, the Bella, and God himself). I might have to paid someone to stand next to me and remind me of that for the next semester. It would have to be a midget with a deep voice in a Brooklyn assent and he would say, "be grateful for the things that don't change you dumb a**". Did I mention that midgets swear at me in my head?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

you have an amazing gift for writing, topher. you write like you talk. that's a good thing. God is soveriegn, therefore when life hurts there is ALWAYS a reason ... in God's eyes. find that (God's) reason and you will find a great measure of peace... even if it still hurts. trust me. i've spent 3 years proving it over and over and over and over ....

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home